Hormone levels are optimal in our early 20’s and they decline at a rate of 2% per year after age 30.
This age related loss is normal. However, normal is not optimal.
- Hormone optimization using Bio-identical Hormones (BHRT) is the answer to relieve these symptoms and restore vitality!
- Hormone optimization goals are restored to your natural hormones to levels of those of a 20 year old female. This is the age when your hormones were at their optimal levels.
- Conventional hormone goals are to use hormones to alleviate symptoms only.
Goal: Restore Hormones to Youthful Levels
- Estrogen – Helps to prevent hot flashes and night sweats. Maintains healthy vaginal tissue, which
- prevents pain with intercourse, vaginal dryness, and urinary symptoms.
- Testosterone – Maintains sex drive, muscle mass, and bone density. Also, promotes a sense of well being.
- Progesterone – Prevents cognitive impairment, anxiety, depression and reduces sleep problems.
Hormone Optimization Using Pellet Implants
- Pellets have been used since the 1930”s. Studies indicate that pellet implants are superior in achieving optimal hormone levels to alleviate symptoms and restore vitality.
- Conventional hormones are “one size fits all.”
- Even women who have failed other types of hormone therapy have a high success rate with pellets.
- Progesterone is prescribed in an alternative delivery system (oral or troches) because it dissolves too quickly to include in a pellet.
- Implants are placed under the skin. They release small, consistent physiologic does of hormones providing for optimal therapy.
- They avoid fluctuations in hormone levels as seen with other delivery systems.
- Consistent release of hormones (avoiding fluctuations) is important for optimal health and symptoms relief.
Benefit of Pellet Implants
- Following pellet implants most women “feel better” within 48-72 hours. It may take a few weeks before full benefits are felt.
- Studies indicate that pellet implants of BHRT does not carry the same risk of breast cancer.
- Studies suggest that balanced bio-identical hormones are breast protective.
- Clinical studies show that bio-identical testosterone balances estrogen and is breast protective.
- When compared to the cost to treat the individual symptoms of declining hormones, pellet implants are cost effective.
- Studies indicate pellet therapy provides superior relief of vasomotor symptoms, restoration of sleep patterns, improvement of libido and sexual response.